Tuesday 5 February 2013

Rubrics

Writing blog posts and responding to blog posts are worth 10% of your overall grade.  Please see the rubrics below.


Blog Post Rubric

Criteria
1--Beginning
2--Developing
3--Proficient
4--Advanced
Ideas and Content
Did I convey a clear point, stay on topic and provide evidence?
My topic is stated, but the main ideas are underdeveloped.


My main ideas lack supporting details.
My topic is stated and I present the main ideas to support the topic.


My main ideas are stated and supporting details are limited.
My topic and main ideas are developed in a clear and focused manner.

My main ideas are adequately developed using supporting details.
My topic and main ideas are presented in a clear, focused manner that demonstrates knowledge and understanding.

My main ideas are strongly supported with details appropriate for the target audience and topic.
Language
Did my language support my message?
My language was unclear and lacks a connection to topic, purpose, and/or audience.My language is basic and may lack a connection to the topic, purpose, and/or audience.My language is clear and appropriate for the topic, purpose and audience.My language is powerful and adds to the audience's understanding of the topic.
Organization
Was my product easy to follow?
My product's organization was hard to follow.My product's organization lacks purpose and development.My product's organization is appropriate for my topic and purpose.My product's organization adds to my meaning.







Blog Response Rubric

Criteria
1--Beginning
2--Developing
3--Proficient
4--Advanced
Ideas and Content
Did I convey a clear point, stay on topic and provide evidence?
My responses are stated, but they are underdeveloped.


My responses lack supporting details.
My topic is stated and I present the main ideas to support the topic.


My responses are stated and supporting details are limited.
My responses are developed in a clear and focused manner.

My responses are adequately developed using supporting details.
My responses are presented in a clear, focused manner that demonstrates knowledge and understanding.

My responses are strongly supported with details appropriate for the target audience and topic.
Language
Did my language support my message?
My language was unclear and lacks a connection to topic, purpose, and/or audience.My language is basic and may lack a connection to the topic, purpose, and/or audience.My language is clear and appropriate for the topic, purpose and audience.My language is powerful and adds to the audience's understanding of my response.

No comments:

Post a Comment